E-Safety means staying safe while online.
In an ever changing world of digital and social media, it is hard to keep up to date with all of the advances in technology. Please check out the links and resrouces below in order to keep you and your family safe online.
Resources and activities for you and your child, all about being safe on the internet:
Here are some conversation starter ideas from www.childnet.com for you to engage with your children regarding their use of the internet whilst at home:
- Ask your children to tell you about the sites they like to visit and what they enjoy doing online.
- Ask them about how they stay safe online. What tips do they have for you, and where did they learn them? What is OK and not OK to share?
- Ask them if they know where to go for help, where to find the safety advice, privacy settings and how to report or block on the services they use.
- Encourage them to help. Perhaps they can show you how to do something better online or they might have a friend who would benefit from their help and support.
- Think about how you use the internet as a family. What could you do to get more out of the internet together and further enjoy your lives online