The websites below have been listed to offer support and guidance for parents.
Child Exploitation and Online Protection- https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
Parent Zone- https://parentzone.org.uk/home
Parent Info- http://parentinfo.org/
Please see below activities and information that you may go through with your children - all about being safe on the internet
E-Safety Tips for Parents: 6-10
Safety on the internet matters. Our fun, interactive, stop motion animated video has useful advice and tips for parents of 6-10s so that you can help them to stay safe online. From toddlers to teens, our four 'E-safety tips for parents' videos are age specific to help you keep up with e-safety as they grow up
Here are some conversation starter ideas from www.childnet.com for you to engage with your children regarding their use of the internet whilst at home:
- Ask your children to tell you about the sites they like to visit and what they enjoy doing online.
- Ask them about how they stay safe online. What tips do they have for you, and where did they learn them? What is OK and not OK to share?
- Ask them if they know where to go for help, where to find the safety advice, privacy settings and how to report or block on the services they use.
- Encourage them to help. Perhaps they can show you how to do something better online or they might have a friend who would benefit from their help and support.
- Think about how you use the internet as a family. What could you do to get more out of the internet together and further enjoy your lives online