Science week is Monday 14th - Friday 18th March and the theme is 'growth'. Pupils will be enjoying a range of exciting activities this week. Photos to follow!
Intent statement for Science
We can be scientists.
Science at St. Matthews is taught to develop the child’s sense of excitement, curiosity and understanding of the world, with a sense of awe and wonder.
Teaching and learning in biology, physics and chemistry is designed to develop:
- the vocabulary to describe, predict and explain their learning in words and writing
- the knowledge to understand different scientific processes
- the skills to investigate scientific questions practically
- an understanding of how science has changed our lives in the past and how it may shape a healthy and prosperous future
- an awareness of the work of diverse role models in science and technology