Intent statement for Science
We can be scientists.
Science at St. Matthews is taught to develop the child’s sense of excitement, curiosity and understanding of the world, with a sense of awe and wonder.
Teaching and learning in biology, physics and chemistry is designed to develop:
- the vocabulary to describe, predict and explain their learning in words and writing
- the knowledge to understand different scientific processes
- the skills to investigate scientific questions practically
- an understanding of how science has changed our lives in the past and how it may shape a healthy and prosperous future
- an awareness of the work of diverse role models in science and technology
Below are some pictures from science week.